Will Lightning (or in this case Extremely Disturbing Noise) Strike Twice?

Heading to bed momentarily--super tired.  I have been up since 3:45 a.m.

Yeah, not of my own volition.

At that very early time, a loud whirring noise woke me.  It appeared to be coming from my upstairs neighbor's bedroom but I'm not sure.  I know a similar sound happened last week, and after a few minutes it stopped and I heard my neighbor walking around.

It gets that still in this building very early in the morning.

The problem this morning was that my neighbor is traveling, so it's not as if anyone can tell him to turn whatever it is (some sort of vibrating alarm clock? or an unmentionable item on a timer!?) OFF.

The noise blared nonstop until 7:15, which coincidentally is the time I usually leave for work.  Earplugs didn't cover it.  I gave up and put on early morning TV after a phone call to management's answering service.  Maintenance guy on call rang me to tell me it was a plumbing issue with vibrating pipes (are you kidding me?) and he'd let the on-site maintenance guy know.

According to the conversation with the building manager later on, the on-site maintenance guy disagrees.  So they have no idea what's causing it.  I did convince the manager to email my neighbor to see if he could shed some light on it.

But only time (specifically, 3:45 Tuesday morning) will tell if anyone has found an answer.

Sooooo tired.

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts