Jack Frost Be Nipping at Everything


It was 11 degrees when I drove in to school this morning.  Yesterday it was something like 18 degrees, and I had to stand outside in it so I could direct the students into the building.

More cold tomorrow, and possible SNOW on Friday.  Winter--we weren't expecting it!

Speaking of unexpected, cold things (like how I did that?), a shipment of a week's worth of vegan meals showed up on my (metaphorical) doorstep a few days ago.


Yeah, I really did just type that.


Let me give my lovely blogreaders some background: In late August, I'd purchased a Groupon for a week's worth of prepared vegan meals.  I did it partly out of curiosity and partly out of convenience--not having to deal with the whole "Am I allergic to something in this?" routine.  So I used the Groupon voucher at the website a little later, and I got a notification that the meals would ship the week of October 10 or something like that.

The promised date passed, and nothing.  Every time I called the customer service number, I got the "we're currently closed" message, even at times they were supposed to be open.  I tried sending emails.  Finally, I went to their "customer service forum" (Really? A forum?) and saw other people had the same complaint.

So towards the end of October, I wrote to Groupon to request a refund.  The next thing I know, I'm getting a shipment notification from the meal place.  It arrived, it was O.K., it wasn't anything I'd order again, especially not at full price.

Imagine my surprise when, two weekends ago, I see a shipment notice email in my inbox.  It was no spoof/phishing email.  The company doesn't have my credit card information because I used a voucher; however, I did double-check to make sure I wasn't charged.

Well, after the box o' frozen meals showed up, I immediately threw everything in the freezer and sent an email to customer service letting them know I had not placed an order.  No response.  Not surprised.

Now I'm eating for free (blueberry oatmeal! "ocean medley" stew! snickerdoodle cookies!) and I have no idea how that company makes any money.


Maybe it's cosmic compensation for having to stand outside in the cold.

 

   
   

Comments

ccr in MA said…
Maybe it's because I'm not a big seafood fan, but "ocean medley" totally sounds like a flavor of cat food to me.

Still, free!
Kate P said…
Spoken like a true cat expert, CCR! I think that's definitely in the Fancy Feast lineup.

That one didn't fool The Cat, but you know what did tonight? "Chicken" nuggets! She followed me as I walked around with my dinner plate.

Popular Posts