A Somewhat Quieter Saturday

I dunno, I just feel as if I've been running all week.  Maybe it was just my brain on overload.  Or that darn clock change.  That just throws everything off.

Last night, I stopped by my parents' house to see everybody and see what the plans were for getting the kids back home for normalcy's sake (and giving my parents a breather).  I also was bringing my mom my copy of the WSJ--I guess she can do the crossword when she's up for it--and a couple of videos from my library that I thought the kids might like, in case they'd gone through everything my parents had by then.

They were watching The Brave Little Toaster when I came in.  (My word! Is that really 20+ years old?  The appliances must have been mystifying to these tykes.)  Well, Middle Nephew #1 was.  Niece was roaming somewhat wearily and Middle Nephew #2 (also tired) was raving punchily.  He was excitedly telling me the name of the baby; most endearingly, he referred to his new brother as "our baby."  Too cute.

After that, I went to the gym, came home, had the other half of my dinner, watched "The Soup," and promptly conked out thereafter.  I'd had no idea I was that tired, but man, I was way mad I missed the "DC Cupcakes" wedding episode.  I'll have to catch it when it re-airs this week.

Speaking of this week, I will be teaching a total of two classes.   That's right: TWO.  (O.K., also helping out with seventh grade's research one morning.)  One class got bumped by the Thanksgiving Mass, and then three more (all my fourth graders) got bumped by practice for and presentation of a special show towards the end of the week.  I'm so bummed I don't get to read them Thank You, Sarah, as is my tradition before Thanksgiving.  But what can I do?

Get other stuff done, I guess.  I've got grades to get in before the rapidly approaching end of the trimester and a librarian visit to plan (which is actually pretty exciting and I hope the kids will think it is, too).

Now I'm off to do some more mellowing out.  Today I heard that Bunny doesn't need his oxygen tube anymore, so I think a celebratory glass of wine is in order.
  

Comments

Popular Posts