Grade My Day

5:45 a.m. Cat puke.  Post-breakfast.


7:55 a.m. Made it to school on time.


8:05 a.m. Was pulled into meeting in assistant principal's office over bizarre claim by a student that a woman pretending to be a library volunteer took her book purchasing money Monday morning. . . which was impossible because no such woman existed.  Not to mention we had no volunteers that day and despite student's allegations our secretary was indeed present in the library at the time it supposedly happened.  So weird and I hope it just fades away or the kid finally admits she lied.  I just want the book sale to go away for 11-1/2 months, now.


8:20 a.m. Read e-mail from parent contesting demerit slip for student's failure to take care of overdue fines after four notices to do so.  Concessions were made, but in the end I will get what I want--this kid has to give me a plan detailing what the kid will do for the rest of the year to make sure account is on the straight and narrow.  I'd rather rehabilitate than discipline where possible.


10:30 a.m. The students I taught how to do research last year did pretty well on their research for a history assignment.


2 p.m. Fire drill that shot my lesson plans for my only class of the day.  Complete with little girl who was obsessively anticipating it and opting to keep whining as a response to anyone's attempts to reassure her (in spite of her repeated begging for reassurance).  And thanks to an event next week, I won't see this class again until after Thanksgiving.


2:30 p.m. Mom forwarded a new photo of Bunny.  So cute.


2:35 p.m. Read note from yet another parent contesting child's overdue fines because they were on vacation. Realized that this issue was from a month and remained unresolved ago because said parent took it upon herself to e-mail the library secretary instead of me. . . and library secretary felt she had authority to respond instead of referring matter to me.  Renewed annoyance over the whole thing.


7:00 p.m. Spontaneous, uninitiated (by me) Cat snuggling.


8:00 p.m. Discovered giant hole under the arm of my Sting concert t-shirt.  Granted, it's something like 15 years old and too big, but still.  *sob*  Am now wondering if hole was present when I wore it to work out at the gym about two weeks ago. *YIKES*


8:55 p.m. Discovered delicates bag's zipper gave out in washer, and stockings were knotted around everything else.  Took me a good ten minutes to untangle, carefully.


10:00 p.m. Cat did not sneak out and tear down the hallway (as is her usual M.O.) when I came back with laundry from the dryer.  Good kitty.


Right now: folding laundry and watching Top Chef.  Still need to load and run the dishwasher.  Bed's a ways off.




Long day--long week.  Can I make it to Friday???

Comments

I'm jealous of your ability to watch Top Chef. Things are always delayed here in Canada, so it'll be at least a few months before the new Top Chef debuts. Sigh.

(Gotta love my first-world problems.)
ccr in MA said…
That's an up-and-down day! But yes, you can make it to Friday! Hang in there.
Sara said…
Very interesting. I love hearing about other people's days. Everyone does such drastically different things in exchange for little green pieces of paper.

Grading.... hmmm.

Mostly, sounded like a C, or C-. However, 7pm was a resounding A+ that I am not factoring into the day, or else it would throw off the curve.

As for making it to Friday, it's a certainty! You can do it!
Anonymous said…
Wow, that's quite a day! I hope you're making it through your Friday relatively unscathed and enjoy your weekend :)
Kate P said…
S.D.--that doesn't seem fair! Didn't NAFTA or something take care of all that? Why on earth do you have to wait for Top Chef?

CCR--yeah, wasn't it? I made it to the weekend!

Sara--The Cat is an A+ purrer, I will say that. (This morning she got an F for letting me sleep, as in, I crawled out of bed at 8 a.m. because she'd been driving me crazy for over an hour.)

Angela--thank you, and yes, I am enjoying the weekend. And I've got a Tupperware party to attend tomorrow! Wild times!

Popular Posts