Brief Book Talk

Just finished The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman by Meg Wolitzer.


I couldn't put it down.  If you are into Scrabble, you might find enjoy this story about several twelve-year-olds from different backgrounds who prepare to play in a national youth Scrabble tournament.  Not much angst--although there is a slight ethical dilemma going on--and not much smoochy stuff.  The tournament takes place in Florida, which somewhat explains the crazy cover.


But a lot about Scrabble, and a little about the joy and pain of being in middle school and dealing with family.


I predict this might end up on the Pennsylvania Young Readers' Choice Award nominees list, if not elsewhere. Heck, I might nominate it.


(I borrowed it from my library, so you might be able to as well.)


  

Comments

Popular Posts