BlogReaders Ask, I Answer: Question #2

Tonight's question comes from Sara:


What was your proudest moment? The thing that you would want emblazoned on a t-shirt?


The first thing that comes to mind is my graduate degree.  Man, I worked hard for that, and my long-time blogreaders know it.  I earned a fellowship, but it required me to go full time, and I was working my day job simultaneously.  Commencement was less of a "Thank God it's over" moment and more of a "Woo-hoo! I made it, and I'm gonna enjoy this!" moment.  Plus I met my buddy Pam through school and that is a very good thing.


Runners-up would be. . .


1. "I used to be really heavy but I took charge of my health" (Considering I'm a little above where I'd like to be, weight-wise, I don't feel totally on the level with this right now. I know, I'm too hard on myself.)


2. "My nephews and niece are crazy about me."  When Niece was just a toddler, she pointed at the door after I went to pick up dinner and asked her mom where I went.  Being an auntie is like being a rock star, and I swear there's very little you have to do, other than give 'em your full attention.  And maybe the occasional fake tattoo.




Yup, that's about it.  But maybe someday it'll be that published novel.  Maybe.






Next up: CCR's question


  

Comments

Popular Posts