Go See "The King's Speech"

I actually got out for some recreation this weekend and saw The King's Speech with a friend who's a former co-worker. From several jobs ago. Anyway, the movie was fantastic, and it was kinda nice being on the younger end of the (packed) audience--none of that annoyingly distracting glow of people who can't stop checking their stupid cell phones. (Although I did see a couple older-ish people struggle for a moment with silencing their phones.)

It was one of those films where I was standing there watching the credits and yammering about the actors--and some wise stranger jumps in with an interesting tidbit about the movie or the actors or whatever. I love that stuff.

Excellent cast, wonderful screenplay, staging, etc. Highly recommended.




Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree. Definitely a movie that will be added to my collection for rainy Sunday afternoon viewing. So good.
ccr in MA said…
I loved it too, and so did the friends I went to see it with. Why can't they make more that good?
Annie Coe said…
It's on my list, I am just waiting for it to get to Taos. xoxo
Kate P said…
No way, Annie! I always complain how movies "don't make it to the East Coast." I guess it happens in other places, too. Hope it gets to your area soon!
Lindsay said…
I hadn't even heard about it until a few weeks ago, but I've heard that it's absolutely fantastic. I want to see it.
Kate P said…
See it! See it!!!

Popular Posts