Warming up the Writing Muscles

O.K., so it's 1:49 on a Monday afternoon and I am about to work on what I hope is the last resignation letter I have to write for a long time.

It's pretty much the launching point for what seems like a crazy week:

* I'm meeting with the potential host of the big end-of-summer-reading thing for the teens tonight;

* last day of work at the bookstore tomorrow;

* a trip to North Jersey later in the week;

* oh, yeah--before that I have to knock out an article for the library's regular newspaper column;

* making do with however many teens show up to help with the book sale;

* and did I mention the apartment management is shutting off the water for the most the day Tuesday & Wednesday to do work? Fantastic!

All these events are pretty much the reason I camped out in my parents' backyard on Saturday (with sunscreen) and finished Along for the Ride. I have thoughts on it but no time now! (O.K., I can say at the very least how weird the cover looks to me.) I also have thoughts on the season premiere of Mad Men but out of fairness to Maggie I'll wait on that, too.

Gonna go finish off that letter now. I hope it goes over all right.

Comments

Amy Giglio said…
ooh!!! If you are coming up here and want to stop by we'll be here all week. just email me!

Popular Posts